To be eligible, products must have received marketing aproval in the USA by December 31 of the year preceding the award, but not more than 5 years earlier than December 31 of that year, unless the award is for a new and innovative indication, which must have been added within the previous 5 years.
The pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics and medical device products considered for the Prix Galien USA Award must be fully FDA approved (provisional approvals are not sufficient).
As many as three awards will be given for each of the following categories:
- • Best Pharmaceutical Agent
- • Best Biotechnology Product
- • Best Medical Technology
Jury Submission Criteria
- 1. Was it innovative in the course of its scientific development, application or clinical utility?
- 2. Was its discovery heuristic? Did we learn anything for the future of biomedical science from its introduction to the clinic?